Heatbed V2 Assembly (Full Aluminum)
List of parts:
- Scalar S : 1 silicone heater (190x190mm 250W 220V)
- Scalar S: 1 aluminium plate (220x230x2mm) (Base)
- Scalar S: 1 aluminium plate (220x230x3mm) (Plate)
- Scalar M : 1 silicone heater (300x200mm 400W 220V)
- Scalar M: 2 aluminium plates (300x220x3mm) (Base + plateau)
- Scalar L : 1 silicone heater (300x300mm 600W 220V)
- Scalar L: 2 aluminium plates (300x330x3mm) (Base + plateau)
- Scalar XL : 1 silicone heater (400x300mm 700W 220V)
- Scalar XL: 2 aluminium plates (435x320x3mm) (Base + plateau)
- Scalar XL Premium : 1 silicone heater (400x300mm 700W 220V)
- Scalar XL Premium: 2 aluminium plates (435x320x3mm) (Base + plateau)
- 1 aluminium sheet used for cooking
- 1 wired thermistor (1 meter)
- 1 pen
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 50mm polyimide/Kapton tape
- 1 piece of aluminium tape
It has only 4 holes, one on each corners.
In this picture you can see the face with the protection film.
This face is used for printing.
Take the raw side of the plate in front of you.
Place the heating element (orange) – don’t stick it yet – and place it in the middle of the aluminium plate..
Place some markings so that the silicone heater is at the center of the aluminium plate.
This pictures shows the example of the Scalar XL.
The silicone surface is smaller on all sides than the aluminium plate..
Here the silicone heater has the same length but smaller width.
Make sure to have enough space around the corner-holes for later use.
This will help you later on to stick the silicone heater in the center.
Do the same at the top and bottom of the plate for Scalar M and also on the sides for Scalar XL.
Place it so that the end of the thermistor is located at 1/3rd of aluminium plate length from the side.
The main point in using these kind of tape is that they can support heats over 110°C..
make sure to properly press on all the surface of the silicone hater in order to evenly stick it on the aluminium plate.
This ensures that the thermistor is properly secured and will provide proper measurements.
Make sure that you remove the part of the aluminium sheet that extends over the silicone element..
This will help you to secure the aluminium sheet using kapton tape.
The aluminium sheet should have 2 different faces
- 1 « mirror » side
- 1 « mate » side
- Make sure to place the « mirror » side toward the silicone heater. This will increase the efficiency of the aluminium sheet and will reflect a maximum of Infra-red radiation toward the useful part of the heatbed.
- Then push it against the silicone heater. it should stick naturally to it.
- Cut the excess of aluminium sheet that goes past the silicone heater surface.
- Secure the aluminium sheet with kapton tape and make sure to avoid air bubbles.
- Cut the parts of Kapton/polyimide tape that goes past the aluminium plate using a scalpel or a cutter.