List of parts
- 220V/110V – 12V 360W 30A power supply
- Plastic cover + LCD Voltmeter
- IEC power connector + fuse holder and integrated switch
- 3 x M4x10 screws
- 2 x M4x10 screws
- 2 x M4 Nuts
- 2 x 6cm black wires
- 2 x 15cm black wires
- 1 x 15cm green/yellow wires
- [Not Provided] 1 cruciform screw diver
Make sure the Power supply input power is compatible with your country, for example:
- Europe : 220V
- USA : 120V
Top Cover (vidéo)
Insert 2 M4x6mm screws inside the dedicated holes just next to the voltmeter LCD.
The screw head should be inside the cover letting the screw thread out of the cover.
Insert the power supply connector inside the dedicated hole and make sure the screws can go threw it.
Screw 2 M4 nuts on the M4 Screws thet goes out of the cover as shown on the picture.
Here is the inside view of the cover with the M4 screw heads that must be accessible with a screw diver in order to tight them up with their nuts.
Ground cable connection (vidéo)
Take the 15cm Yellow/Green cable and plug it on the side of the IEC connector the most inside the cover part.
Phases wires connection (vidéo)
Take the 2 small 6cm long phase wires (here with blue terminals), and connect them just next to the Ground wire (yellow/green).
Connection of the last phases wires (vidéo)
Now take the 15 cm wires (here with red terminals) and connect them on the last 2 pins in the bottom row as shown in the picture:
Connection of the terminals on the power supply (vidéo)
Align the top cover as shown on the picture, with the power supply connector on the right side and the power supply terminals facing you.
You can also open the security cover on the power supply in order to have access to the terminals.
Ground wire connection (vidéo)
Connect the ground wire on the dedicated terminal on the power supply.
The corresponding terminal is the 3rd one starting from the right with the following symbol :
Phase wires connection (vidéo)
Now connect the 2 other phase wires on the terminals left on the right side of the power supply. Connect them on the terminals marked with « N » and « L » letters
2 wires must be left, they are the ones of the Digital VoltMeter.
On the power supply side, you will find 6 free terminals.
They are separated in 2 groups:
The 3 terminals on the left of the power supply (the ones most outside of it) with the « +V » symbol correspond to the +12V output
You need to connect the Red wire from the digital Voltmeter to one of the +V terminals.
You can pick 1 of the 3 terminals on the left as you want.
The « Black » wire left will have to be connected on one of the 3 terminals on the certer of the power supply with the « -V » symbol
The following pictures show you how to proceed.
Zoom on the wires.
Output voltage tuning (vidéo)
This type of power supply allows to slightly adjust the output voltage using a small trim resistor and a screw diver.
In order to prevent you from any electrical hazard, we strongly recommend that you slightly close the cover before switching on the power supply. You might also consider having a quick access tuning trim (here on top of the picture.
- Before switch the power on, make sure the Power switch is on the « 0 » position.
- Also take a moment to check if a fuse is inserted inside the middle cavity (between the power switch and the power plug connector. You can remove the fuse cap with a small flat screw diver.The small chamber containing the fuse should be coming slowly.
- Check that you have at least 1 fuse at the bottom of the chamber.
- Push back the fuse cap in position.
- Now, plug the power cable to the main power grid, and switch the power button on.
If everything goes well, the switch button should lit and the LCD voltmeter should show the current voltage output. here 12.4V. This value may vary for you, but you will tune it on the following steps so that you get 12.0
Here is a zoomed picture on the trim resistor.
Once properly set you should have a stable 12.0V displayed on the LCD
Connection of the 12V output wires (vidéo)
- Switch off thepower supply
- Remove the power plug.
- Take the 4 90cm long wires.
2 Wires must have some Blue or black terminals and 2 other with red terminals .
Insert them into the front cover so that the terminals are inside the cover .
Also insert the other side of the wires having the red terminals inside the round holes with the « + » marking.
Regarding the wires with the blue terminals (or black), inser them inside the holes with « – » marking.
All the terminals are inside the plastic cover.
- Now, connect the wires with the Red termials to the power supply terminals with the « +V » marking. They are mainly the one located on the left of the power supply just next to the green led.
- The blue terminals wires should be left.Connect them on the free terminals on the power supply that should be around the middle with the « -v » marking
Closing of the cover (vidéo)
Push the plastic covert so that the side holes are aligned with the ones on the power supply .
On one side you will need 1 M4 screw.
On the other side you will need 2 of them
Congratulation, your power supply is ready to be used.