Now that we know better the impact on the insulation material over the heatbed performances, we are going to see how to reach 110°C.
For this we are going to test a custom made 700W 220V silicon heater (400x300mm)
Update : this model is installed by default on our Scalar XL!
We add the insulation foil previously tested.
From top to bottom:
- Aluminum plate
- 1 700W silicone heater
- Insulation foil
- Wood plate
- Heat beds: 1
- Heater: 1x700W 300x400mm
- Initial Temperature: 22°C
- Target Temperature: 110°C
- Print Surface: 1x 3mm aluminum plate (435x320mm)
- Insulator: Foil insulator
The red curve is the heating profile, when we apply the 110°C target.
The blue curve is the cooling profile, when the target temperature is set to 0°C.Here the power supplies are OFF.
At the bottom of each graph you have the time in seconds
On the left of the graphs you have the temperature in °C
While heating we have:
- 60°C in 1 min 07 (67 sec)
- 110°C in 3 min 06s (186 sec)
The system can easily reach 110°C! The temperature profile is nearly linear and we feel that we can go higher in temperature!
We need to wait 8 min 12 sec (492 sec) to cool down from 110°C to 60°C
Comparison with previous test :
Here the results are barely comparble because we go from 400W to 700W. However we can still have a notice a few things:
- We can easily reach 110°C in 3 minutes
- The ability of this system to keep the heat has also increased!
Compared with test 2, which is giving us the best results until now over 8 differents tests, we have:
- The heating time to reach 60°C has decreased by 123%
- The heating time to reach 110°C has also decreased by 80%!