When comparing, we can notice several differences:
- The copy kit seems more complete
- The provided output adaptor in PLA (for CR-10 versions) is perfect for this kind of application. An aliminum bowden connector can be provided as an option on the original kit.
- The tensioning spring system is provided with a plastic washer that is attached to the tensioning screw inside the original kit . This prevent you from loosing the spring, which is pretty frequent with the copy version
- The extrusion gear of the original model is clean, the copy counterpart is full of grease.
- If we compare both models side by side, we can see slight differences in term of dimensions. The Original version is much better aligned, all the gears cannot hit each others.
- The extrusion gear on the original version has teeth close fit for the 1.75mm filament. The dedicated zone with the teeth is optimal. On the copy side, this same zone is more evaded, so the contact zone with the filament is less efficient.
- The filament is better guided on the original enclosure then on the copy version. You have nearly no play between the teeth and the enclosure. In the other side you have a big gap between the teeth and the enclosure. Flexible filament will likely slip inside the gap on the copy version.
- Metal insert of the copy version is over molded. This seems to be better quality at first look. However when it comes to installing the tensioning screw, it’s much more difficult to fit the screw of the copy version because the insert is far back, compressing the spring as the screw has yet hit the threaded insert. It can become tricky to do it. On the original version is quite easy and you won’t even see a problem here.
- The teeth’s shapes of the reduction gear are sightly different on both models.
- The Original Bondtech version is also lighter of 8g compared to the copy version! (so it’s about 12% more mass of the original version)
- The junction between the 2 body sides of the copy version has a play of about 1 to 2m. The original version is well fit.
- When we close the moving gear latch, we can see that the extrusion gear of the copy version will hit the extruder body . It doesn’t happen on the Original version.
This comparison is given as information purpose only. It has no mean into telling you which model is better or which one to buy.
This article gives you as much comparison elements as possible. We might have missed some.
Depending on your status, 1 of the 2 models will better fit your need. If you are more budget or performance oriented.